Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Final Predictions...

So tomorrow is the big day...well we hope it's the big day. We have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and we're hoping that the she will send us down the hallway for an ultrasound. I always thought you got an ultrasound every time you went for a prenatal checkup, but from what we've learned, they're completely unnecessary if you're healthy, you have a good family history (medically speaking) and if you're not showing any signs for concern. Well, Justin & I meet all of that criteria and so we have yet to have our first official ultrasound.

Now, I have to say, if that doctor doesn't give us the referral, I'm going to have to get down on my knees and plead with her and tell her that it's medically necessary! We NEED to know the sex of this baby for MY sanity! Everyone around us is dying to know and making predictions based on some of the most absurd old wives tales I've ever heard! OR they say they're one of those people that are just good at predicting the sex just by looking at you...right...lol. Well, everyone has a 50/50 chance of being right I suppose.


SOOOO...before we hear the truth, we were wondering what everyone's predictions are and why you think that way. I think it will be cool to look back one day when this little peanut (actually he or she is the size of a cantaloupe now) is older and see what all of his/her loved ones said! Please leave your prediction as a comment here on this blog! Justin is convinced it's a boy and I truly have no guess whatsoever! Looking forward to seeing the answers and of course looking forward to finding out the truth!


On a side note, I finally had to give in to this growing belly of mine and buy some maternity clothes. It was a little depressing at first because I just wasn't ready for it, nor was I excited for it. I had this image in my mind of all of these awful looking clothes such as moo moos and floral prints galore. Turns out it was nothing like that at all. I actually found myself quite a few things and even enjoyed it. It probably (well not probably, definitely) helped that I had my Mom right there with me helping me emotionally and fashionably. We had a bunch of good laughs that day, particularly with the pillow in the dressing room. Those things are sooooo funny! When I first walked into the dressing room I noticed the round pillow hanging from a hook and I thought, "what the heck is that?" Well, my first best guess was that it was some sort of Boppy pillow because they allow you to use their dressing rooms for breast feeding. That seems logical, right? However, as I started to try on clothes, it dawned on me what it was and I HAD to try it on! Not because I was particularly interested in seeing how my clothes might fit further down the road, but because I thought it was HILARIOUS! I came out with my first outfit on (including the tummy pillow) and my Mom's eyes just popped wide open and she said, "Wow! You really did need some clothes!" I showed her the pillow and we just couldn't stop laughing. In case you're wondering, here's what I could look like towards the end of this pregnancy...


I guess that's about all for now. Hopefully I will have another post to make tomorrow. Don't forget to leave your predictions as a comment below! Oh, and here's a funny link about old wives tales and predicting the sex of the baby...some are quite comical!

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/wives_tales_and_myths.html

Love Always,
Justin & Candice

8 comments:

  1. I'm predicting that your baby is a girl! I just have a feeling that she is a girl. Plus big sisters are awesome ;) (guess that assumes there will be another one)
    Also, Justin wants a boy so bad that Murphy's law says your baby will be a girl.
    But either way, I'm looking forward to meeting him/her! You'll have one very loved baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm predicting that it will be boy, and I just love that name u said this weekend, Judah. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are for a girl..Jasmine or Juliette. But a boy is very welcomed as well...HUGS and LOVE to all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a boy. Not just cause of the heartbeat myth but I'm guessing a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a hilarious blog, Candice. I wish I could have been there to see you try on the "tummy" pillow. I remember the day I did that. What a great memory for you and your mom. As you may have guessed most of my clothes came from garage sales. My mom hates the mall. We have great memories too though.
    I am going to predict a boy. Just a gut feeling and we wouldn't want to disappoint Justin now would we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey kids,it's mom I think it's a girl. But a boy will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pray for a girl or my mom will have him dressed in cowboy boots and all kinds of other awful stuff. I think it will be a girl anyway, because Justin is so good with Amaya and Jessica, hes bound to have a little "Daddy's Girl" -Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. jeppy lopez (uncle)August 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

    its jeppy here! I know it will be a little boy but i will be happy with a girl all i know is i am siked to be an uncle(loving the thiught)

    ReplyDelete