Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Update! Having fun!

It’s always my goal to write a blog once a month; it rarely happens though. I try, but life as a Mom, wife, student and fulltime worker is sometimes more than I can handle. I haven’t posted in awhile so this (as usual) is a lengthy update!
Literally I could write an update everyday with all of the new and exciting things that Aubrey does every day! Everything is so exciting for us as we watch her grow and develop into this amazing little girl! So I’ll try to touch on the big highlights and give you all an update.


I think the biggest news to share since the last couple of posts is that Aubrey is finally walking! Her first real steps were amazing! The feeling was indescribable and I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to cry or laugh; it was just amazing! It was so crazy how it happened; it was like out of nowhere she just decided to walk! We were just sitting on the couch one night and she was sitting next to me. All of a sudden she just stood up and started trying to walk across the couch! My first reaction was to freak out because she was walking across the couch! My second reaction was, “Hey wait a minute! Did she just start walking?” So we put her on the ground and there you go…a lean, mean, walking machine!  I couldn’t believe it! In the weeks since that day, she has really gotten good at it and often prefers to walk around holding your hand versus being carried. I can’t say it enough…AMAZING!


It’s been a blast having her walk now! We have been having so much fun taking her places and seeing her react to them and explore them now as a mobile toddler. The pool was really cool! We go to the West Mesa Aquatic Center and they have a bunch of cool little play things in a kiddie area. It has little sprayers, fountains and wheels to play with while wading in the water. She was cracking Justin and I up because she like stand in front of the fountain spray upward and then just put her face in it. She would come out gasping and laughing!  I wish I had a water proof camera to take pictures!




The other day I was pulling weeds and so I just let her play in the front yard with her toys and again, she was cracking me up! She would play with her toys for a bit and then get up and walk over to me, pat my back (like good work on pulling weeds mom) and then walk back. What a terd…a funny terd…but a terd. I thought I would get her back by turning on the sprinklers while she was in the middle of the yard, but that backfired on me…SHE LOVED IT and was screaming, laughing and doing this hilarious little booty shake!




















In addition to her super awesome walking skills, she has also developed quite the vocabulary! I know all parents say this about their own kids, but she is just the smartest kid! As of today she says:

Daddy/Dada

Mama/Ma

I want that.

Oooohhhh nooo! (when something goes wrong)

No (when she doesn’t want something)

I know.

Pretty

Puppy

Dog

Hi

Bye

Mmmm (which she says when she sees something she wants to eat, lol)

Cookie

Baba (for her sippy cup)

Whats that?

Ouch (which sounds more like atch)

Wow

Uh-oh

Nana



On a late side note, we had a really great Easter and Aubrey participated in TWO Easter egg hunts! I had bought her a pack of eggs about a week before Easter so she could practice. She picked it up so quickly and thought it was so funny! She would be pick up and egg and when she put it in her basket she say, “Dat!” Adorable! On the day of the hunt she waited impatiently at the starting line point at all of the eggs saying, “I want that!” When they let us start hunting she was a little hesitant at first, but after she got her first egg, she was off! She did such a great job and it was so exciting to experience it all!


Well, I think I’ll end it here for now and leave you all with some of my fave Easter pictures!

Love,

Justin, Candice & Aubrey



















 


No comments:

Post a Comment